Monday, May 19, 2008

Ah SPRING!

I think it's really here now! I do....I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that we are finally done with the snow...at least for 5 months. (Okay---now as I read that back...that is one sad statement...only FIVE MONTHS of nice weather without a chance of snow??? Yeah...not good...going to have to do something about that! LOL)

And look what's right outside my door!



The crabapple tree is blooming! Beautiful!!! The lilac bushes surrounding the house aren't doing so great this year, but I can still smell that wonderful aroma in the air from time to time. I'm hopeful that they will get their full glory on and bloom bigtime! I LOVE lilacs!

In other news, I have a couple new books....one is new and the other is new to me. The new one...is this



I just got it this weekend and in thumbing thru the pages, I can't WAIT to make almost every single thing in this cookbook! I'm not kidding! Almost every single one sounds yummy and a must-make! And they are all DOABLE! Fabulous!

The other is not new to the market, but is new to me



Yeah yeah I know....it's SPRING and I'm looking at a book about knitted scarves!? Yeah...refer back to paragraph 1....5 months before the shit starts flying again around here! So yes..I am looking at a book about knitted scarves! I have made it clear time and again that I fully intend to be a sock knitter. Period. But am still waiting for a class to hit the schedule at one of the two knitting shops here in town. Until then, I will bide my time with knitted dishcloths and scarves! That sounds boring, but it's all I can muster right now on the knit-front!

I've been continuing with the workout sessions and have fallen in complete love with the recumbent bikes and they have become my workout method of choice over the treadmill. I really SWEAT on that bike! And it's a great work out for the thighs! YEAH! What could be better!? Have been adding some strengthening and so am still quite hopeful that the flab will be contained before the plane takes off for Mexico on June 11.

It's going to be a great week....I can just feel it....and signs of it are right outside my front door!!!

*Peace!

1 comment:

Daisy said...

A beautiful tree---enjoy it while it is blooming! Thanks for sharing the pics. Those books look like ones that will keep you busy for a while. :-)