Tuesday, March 04, 2008

No Apologies!

I realized that my creativity and my stitching time has grown stagnant...due, in part, to the fact that my tastes...they are a changin! And there are some projects I no longer have any inkling whatsoever to work on. Now...rather than just not even go to the stitching bag because I don't like the project that's in there, I have decided, without apology, to rid myself of the project that seems to be "in the way" of my picking up the needle again regularly! And that project just happens to be The Green Tree Sampler by Moira Blackburn.



I don't know why it's not speaking to me anymore.....but it's not. If I force myself to finish stitching it, I will certainly be in absolutely no hurry to get it framed and it will just languish up on the closet shelf. Senseless...a waste. So it is without regret that I have put this UFO up for dibs on the Bay of Evil. And I feel good! So good, in fact, that I'm working on Frances Eden tonight!!! YAY!!!

I've read numerous articles about stagnation in the creative spirit...and how we tend to beat ourselves up over things we've started, thinking that we HAVE to finish it. We MUST...we are INDEBTED to the project....and yet, we're not!!!! It's a PROCESS! And you have to LOVE the process as well as the finished product, or, well, it's just not the kind of art and creativity that feeds the soul!

No apologies...no regret! I'm ridding myself of this project.....because I can!!!! :o) *Peace!

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Woohoo, that's awesome. Sometimes we just need to clear a few things out. Hope you get a good bid on the piece on it goes to a new home ;-). I have Frances Eden kitted. If I could just get caught up on round robins.

Jeanne said...

I learned that lesson a few years back - to let go of the guilt and get rid of things you no longer want to do. I have sold off some of quilting UFO's at White Elephant sales, and some projects have just been pitched even. It's very freeing cutting off that chain that is dragging you down! Congrats and hope you find a nice buyer who may be thrilled to get your piece.

Deborah/LavenderRose said...

Kim, I applaud you, as always. You are the awesome Threadhead Sister!! I'm with Katrina...one of these days, I too, will join you with a Frances Eden start! Hugs, Deb