Monday, February 18, 2008

Is it Spring yet???

*SIGH* Sadly..no...it isn't. But it *IS* Prez Day...so that means I had the day off! YAY me! LOL Anyhoo...it's been a productive weekend. I got a quilt top done...out of that set of fabrics I showed previously that I picked up at last year's Dallas Quilt Celebration! Here's a couple pics




I decided to do something simple...so went with a scrappy 25 patch block....then couldn't decide whether to sash them or not and ended up NOT sashing them because I liked the secondary pattern. Found a rich chocolate brown for an inner border and walaaah....done. 62" square.

Now...on to the next "challenge"....this is another set of fabrics I picked up last year at the show



well....except for the two background prints.....I just recently added those because I thought they might work with this whole conglomeration of colors! Now...gotta figure out what to do with them all! Hmmmm...any suggestions? I'm open to any suggestions!

Okay--I'm going to go make some key lime cheeseball spread and pick up a needle...either stitching or knitting...haven't decided yet! Hope you all had a great weekend! The sun was out Saturday, which made it a good day. I really do need that sunshine, otherwise I am VERY VERY unhappy. Today it's sunny but really cold...still...the sun's out! Hope the sun is shining where you are too! *Peace!*

3 comments:

Katrina said...

I am ready for summer too! It was sunny yesterday and it's suppose to be 53 today so that will be nice :-). Love the quilt and fabrics.

Paulette said...

Gorgeous quilt!! I'm always amazed how you put the craziest colors together, and then it all comes together beautifully! LOL
Paulette

Melissa said...

Kim-the quilt looks great and I love this second round of fabrics too. I can tell you are itching for spring to be here ASAP! You kill me with how fast you can piece these quilts. I'm so SLOW!

BTW, Emmit is adorable--hope I spelled his name right.