Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Impromptu Day Off

Well....the ol' sinus cavities have been throbbing and the throat was full of shards of glass this morning....so I called in. It hasn't been a fun day off, by any stretch of the imagination.

I did manage to get down to the studio to do some work on the quilt....haven't named it yet....but I did change my mind on the pattern, etc. So for a brief while this afternoon...this is what kept me occupied:



Yep...nutritous Yoplait...an ice cold Starbucks beverage (iced carmel machiatto..YUM!)...some soothing tunes..gotta love Norah & Allison...and strip sets. Strip sets are complete. I started to tackle the cross-cutting..but, alas, the blade in my rotary cutter was skipping a bit...and the strip sets where getting sucked down into my antiquated cutting mat. Then I had an "Aha!" moment...that's what I will get with the quilt shop gift card....a new cutting mat and rotary blades! But...didn't feel like venturing out, so I called it a day and headed back upstairs.

I'm getting my American Idol fix this evening...yes..tis true...I am an American Idol junkie! First football season..and when that's over...there's American Idol season! :o) So I'm enjoying the two hour show and getting ready to put some stitches in The Green Tree sampler.

Hope your week's going great! *Peace!*

1 comment:

Samurr said...

Interestinghtr post
.