Saturday, February 02, 2008

Baby on the way!

No! Not MINE!!! LOL That would be quite humorous...is that the right word? Hmmm...maybe a word a little more SCARY is in order instead of humorous! LOL Anyway....my beautiful bonus sister is having a baby! Soon! First part of April! And her baby shower is tomorrow....in Ohio......I will not be attending. But..that means a baby quilt is in the works!!!

Now...my stash is by NO MEANS baby-quilt-making-friendly....faaaar from it! But I dug deep and found a cute little ditsy background...that I must have stashed away to save for a baby quilt someday! ha! But...alas...nothing to go with it! So...off to Quilted Memories I went today. Came home with a wonderful piece to go with the background!



I am all about simple when it comes to baby quilts....so a lovely little 9 patch will be happening in the sewing room soon! Oh shoot! I just realized I didn't get any binding fabric! Guess I'll have to make another trip out to Brandon soon.

In other quilting news...I did not go to the quilt shop here in town to look for more Moda Sonnet fabric. I need to drag myself in there and see if they have any...so I can get that scrappy rail fence done and in the "off to the quilter" pile! I have a gift card from Christmas and I can't even remember the last time I was in the shop here in town. Guess I can stock up on thread, maybe a new ruler or two, the Sonnet fabric...maybe some quilt backs.

I'm saving myself, as far as major fabric acquisitions, for my upcoming annual trip to Dallas in March for the quilt show! Can't wait for that trip! I'm going down early....to stay with my big bro' and future sis-in-law (Hi Mona!) for 4 1/2 days of fabulous fun! Then it will be 3 days with mom. Mom, Mona and I will then hit the Dallas quilt show and then I'll head home. A fun trip it shall be! I love to travel...love to fly....and a whole week away from work...and away on my own...aaaaah....it will be nice! :o)

In the meantime, I've got a baby quilt to make! Hmmm...wonder if I can have it done before the little gal's arrival???

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Gorgeous fabrics, love it! I bet you can have it done :-).

Paulette said...

I love those fabrics!!! You have the best eye for color! Was the orange fabric the one you picked up yesterday?