Sunday, January 27, 2008

Funkstown

Nope...not a typo...I did NOT mean to refer to that uber hip hit from the 70s Funkytown....I did indeed mean to type FunkStown....because that's where I've been lately apparently! UGH! I hate it when I get into these funks and don't feel like doing much of anything.....no blogging....no sewing....no stitching....no knitting.....just nothing! Work...come home...sit and ponder the fact that you have to go back to work the very next morning...that's been my existence lately! YUCK!

BUT...I'm happy to report that I did go down to the sewing room yesterday and finished piecing the quilt I started on New Years Day! YAY!! No pics because it's super super busy busy scrappy scrappy and is pleading for a couple borders...so I will make a trip to the quilt shop and see if they have any fabrics from the Moda Sonnet line left. If not, I'll resort to online surfing..notably at www.bighornquilts.com and see if I can get lucky. So NEXT weekend hopefully there will be a pic...if not sooner.

Today---I'm S-T-I-T-C-H-I-N-G!!!! On that Moira Blackburn Green Tree Sampler! But I've decided to take a break, update the blog and possibly bake some brownies so I can be out in the kitchen where the sun is shining in!!! I love sunshine!!! I NEED sunshine!!!

So anyhoo....just wanted to update the ol' blog in case there's anyone that checks it (Hi, Paulette!)....and let everyone know I am still breathing and will get back in the saddle...climb up on that horse and ride into the sunSHINE and OUT of Funkstown!!!!

Toodles!!!

3 comments:

Paulette said...

Yay!!!! Welcome back from the underworld!!! I've missed you! Now don't forget to post a progress pic on Green Tree and a picture of your bordered scrappy quilt! :)

Deborah/LavenderRose said...

You know I always check in, too, Kim!! I'm sorry you're in the winter funkishness. You need light!! Get yourself one of those light thingies, quick!! I had to move to FL so I could survive... Have you ever thought of doing a quilt block exchange? I would do one with you.... Hugs, Deb
PS: Keep it interesting!
:}

Jacque said...

Kim, hang in there! I check in too...don't forget to post more quilt pics...you're so talented!