Sunday, December 30, 2007

Winding down....

that's what 2007 is doing! OMG can you believe how fast this year flew by? And today flew by as well! BUT...I did manage to get some things done...even though I sat on my butt and vegged with my laptop until noon!

I finished the quilt!!! YAY!!! Here's an overview shot:



I love the colors in this one...doesn't hurt that there's red in it either!

Well..I was so pleased with myself for finishing that up...that I loafed around and again, got sucked in to this laptop and football for most of the afternoon, but I did stitch some on The Green Tree sampler by Moira Blackburn. No way is it going to be completed by year end, but here's my progress on that:



I hope to get a LOT more done on that tomorrow.

I'm trying to decide whether to take the Christmas tree down tomorrow or not. Brennan won't be here until Tuesday morning....and honestly, I don't think he'd care in the least if the tree is up or not...so I may get that down and get the living room back to a somewhat normal state. Isn't it bad luck to bring in the new year with the tree still up or something? Or something! ha!

I'm going to snuggle in with the sampler stitching and watch Breakfast At Tiffanys, which I DVRd this morning! Happy Sunday night! I'm glad I'm off until Wednesday! So relaxing!!!! Until tomorrow! *Peace!*

3 comments:

Karoline said...

Congratulations on finishing your quilt, it's lovely.

The tradition in the UK is to leave your tree up till epiphany (6th Jan) so I've never heard about it being bad luck.

Kim said...

Hi Karoline!! Yes! I had an "epiphany" of sorts as I slept last night and got up right away to research WHEN the 12 days of Christmas actually begin and it's Christmas thru Epiphany!! So the tree stays UP and I can do other stuff today! LOL Perfect!!!!

Deborah/LavenderRose said...

Fabulous quilt, Kim. And, I'm a big Moira B. fan, too. I've been meaning to stitch "Season and Time" for years...I really have to do that this year. I'm in favor of all your resolutions, girl!!!
Hugs,
Deb