Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve

It's been a quiet and lazy day! But that's a good way to wind down the year---don't you agree?

We took a drive out to the ski park to watch Jake do some snowboarding...and then it was dark so we drove to Falls Park to see it all lit up in it's holiday splendor



The pics aren't the greatest (arm out the window as quickly as possible-----did I mention it's flippin' COLD here???) but hopefully you get the idea...it was beautiful...all the lights and the snow......beautiful because you didn't see the dirty muddy ugly snow.....



And the blue hue you see below---they have laser lights cast on to the frozen falls and I happened to snap when the lights were changing to blue. Again---remember when you look at the picture quality----flippin' cold----LOL



We then came home and enjoyed a yummy dinner of filet mignon and garlic mashed potatoes...it was heavenly! And now, I sit with Green Tree sampler....slowly stitching.

I've been pondering my New Year's projects----have to start a new quilt---and a sampler. Sooooooo....I know what the quilt project will be, but am trying (still) to decide on my sampler start! Here are the contenders:

Three Things by Moira Blackburn (I LOVE Moira's designs soooooooo much!)

Grazing Sheep by Scarlet Letter (A last year's Christmas gift from my dear dear friend, Paulette)

Dorothy Preston sampler (I purchased silks and linen I think in 2006 for a 2007 start...or maybe it was 2005 for a 2006 start??...anyhoo...decided to switch linen counts but still have the silks so I could start "Dot" as well)

I also want to get busy busy busy on And They Sinned. I have sorta started it....I have a serpent and part of the cloud done I think.....so it's not really a start, but rather a stitching goal for 2008!

I also want to start Dutch Beauty (again) in 2008. I started her...had her 1/2 done...40 count and AVAS...HATED the linen and silk combo...it was NOT enjoyable to stitch with those materials....so adopted her out and will REstart her on different linen. Just need to decide DMC or Hand Dyed Fibers silks in the dark colorway. I'm leaning toward the HDF Dark Colorway.

Lofty stitching goals galore and I need to just make a decision about my tomorrow start and go from there!!!!! Sooooooooooo....I will decide...and I will post my decision and my new quilt start tomorrow! Oooooh the excitement builds! ha!

Until then............here's hoping your bubbly is bubbling! *Peace!*

1 comment:

Karoline said...

Good luck with your goals