Sunday, December 09, 2007

How Now Green Tree

or something like that! ha! That's for you, Paulette!

Yes..it's true...I'm actually stitching again! I'm working on The Green Tree Sampler by Moira Blackburn....doing my own conversion with different over dyed threads on a piece of Golden Streak linen.

Progress pic:



I'm to the first grove of trees. Now...do I realistically believe I can finish this by year's end? Probably not. Although stranger things have happened and it would be nice to have it done!

My mind has been wandering....trying to decide my New Year's Day starts...I ALWAYS start a new quilt on New Year's Day and a new stitching project! So many to ponder!

I'm also looking to next weekend, when I plan to do holiday baking! Not too much.....

*Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
*Mexican Wedding Cookies
*Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
*Chocolate Krinkles
*Pretzel Rolo Candies

That's a good start. We have a wonderful next door neighbor that always brings a big plate of goodies over.....all SORTS of different stuff! So there won't be a shortage of treats!

OMG Heart Attack Sunday! Not only was I PEEVED that the local Fox affiliate opted to show some lame lame lame MOVIE after the NFL Pre-Game show instead of the COWBOYS game....but I opted to "watch" it play by play online....which is really not watching it at all but rather reading what happens after every play. And OMG it's probably a good thing I wasn't actually VIEWING the game or I'd have been a basket case! BUT...we did prevail in the end....but hey...Tony...c'mon....let's get business taken care of EARLY next week so I'm not all anxious and tense at the end of the 4th quarter! Okay babe? Thanks!

I'm heading downstairs to do some laundry....and yes...the washer is STILL not fixed----another note to self "Self--call a repairman to FIX THE WASHER!". Heck..maybe I'll just make that a New Year's goal so I can mark an easy one off the list! ha! Anyhoody...since I'll be downstairs waiting to switch washer cycles, I'll work on those quilt blocks! Would be SWELL to have that done by end of next week. We'll see....we'll see........

Until next post....*Peace!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Kim-How many quilts would you say you have made over the years? How many do you have in your home?

Just curious. I'm getting ready to put my quilt sandwich together for my second ever completed quilt top. I'm going to cheat and just tie it but the 12 yr old is almost too old now to appreciate the novelty fabrics in the quilt. I can't believe I pieced the top by hand two years ago if not longer, and never did anything with it.