Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thanksgiving week---Prep time!



Such a bittersweet time is fast approaching....I'm just not sure what this holiday season is going to be like without Dad. *SIGH* I think I may be a bit depressed, blog friends. But, alas, I try to bring myself up and out of it every day.

Thanksgiving is coming up FAST!!!! And it's going to be very very strange, because it will just be hubby, Jake and me. Ashley (DD) is in Ohio, Brennan (DS) is on the west coast, Mom will be in Atlanta, and my brothers are in Texas, Ohio and Kentucky. When the holidays arrive, then I do wish even MORE that we all lived within 8 hours from each other, at most. So we can all get together and annoy each other for the holidays. LOL But, it's just not meant to be for now. And so....it will be a little smaller crowd for turkey day!

Of COURSE this does NOT mean that I will scale down the menu in the least little bit! It just means that FINALLY we will truly have tons of leftovers to mess with! YAY!!!!

My dear friend, Paulette, has posted her menu on her blog, and I thought that was a fabulous idea! And so I will follow suit, if for no other reason, than to remind me what all I intend to make!

Turkey
Dressing
Green Bean Bake
Sweet Potatoes w/Marshmallows
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Corn Bake
Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce (YUM!)
Deviled Eggs
Relish Tray
Crescent Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie
Cherry Pie

That's the basic menu we've had for FOREVER! I usually try and find one new side dish to make, and so, I will be on the hunt for something new to add to the mix this year! Maybe something to do with mushrooms....hmmmmm.....any suggestions for a new side dish? Feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear about any unique food dish traditions you might have!

Until next time....I'm going to pick up a needle of some sort and relax for the day! Happy Sunday!

No comments: