Monday, November 12, 2007

More is more....

More is better...........More is.....well....More is me! Those that know me know this about me! In my personal style....



Yes....that's my signature style....pile it on! More is me!

And in my decorating........



Lord knows I couldn't just have a FEW antique glass creamers! No sirreeeee......must have MORE!

In my quilting even-----fabric selection----well.....again, more is me! I LOVE scrap quilts! The more fabrics the better!



Scrappy is heaven to me! I love it! Want to use it all...IN THE SAME QUILT! But hey...that's just me! Scrap quilts abound....I prefer working with a scrappy palette more than any other....



So imagine my surprise when it seems that I actually really like this latest quilt! The guts are done...just have to put the border on and call it good!



I am just not a "planned" or "three, four, or even five color" quilt person! Two-color quilts---I'm all over those! LOVE 2 color quilts! But a planned 3 fabric or 4 fabric, etc....it's a struggle for me to enjoy it! But this one I do like! Maybe because it's got all of my favorite things...RED...STARS...PEARS....Brannock & Patek fabrics! LOL

Once this is finished...I'll be all calm and sedated and can crank it all back up a notch with some horrendously scrappy quilt! I can't wait!!!!! *Peace!*

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Kim--you are killing me! I've been dreaming of cutting the fabric for a funky kind of Dresden Plate and you've already pieced like four tops and I'm still talking about making a Dresden Plate quilt!

Melissa said...

BTW---KIM---I LOVE your scrappy flower quilt! Meant to mention that earlier....

Deborah/LavenderRose said...

Very beautiful and funky quilting, Kim. I love how you manage to really DO IT!! Hugs, Deb