Sunday, November 25, 2007

Long Weekend Wind Down

I hope everyone had a wonderful and long holiday weekend! It was so nice to have a little longer stretch of time off!

I've got a small jump on the Christmas shopping, the tree is up and twinkling, though no decorations are on it yet. I like it just fine with white lights, but we will get around to adding all the ornaments, etc.

A big pot of 'leftovers' soup is on the stove and is it ever yummy! Leftover celery & carrots from the relish plate sauted in some EVOO and butter...then chopped up leftover turkey...added the 1/3 bottle of leftover Cline Zinfandel.....added chicken broth...some select spices....the leftover turkey gravey....and it actually is quite yummy! I heated up the leftover stuffing and the leftover mashed potatoes....for scooping up and adding to the soup bowl! I chose to enjoy mine with a few scoops of stuffing. It was really good!

I've been de-stressing with some stitching this afternoon....working on The Green Tree Sampler by Moira Blackburn. A very enjoyable stitch to wind down the weekend and prepare to head back to the office!

I just love this time of year...and the impending New Year...so full of hope and promise for change! It reminds me of one of my favorite sayings...

"Change"
You will remain the same until the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of change.

For some reason this has sprung back into my brain of late and I keep repeating it to myself. Why is it that 'change' can be so painful...or at least so SCARY! It shouldn't bring panic and fear.....I'm going to keep reminding myself of that....and remind myself to look at the thought of change as an adventure! A new life chapter! Great things will happen! Of that I'm sure!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments: