Saturday, September 01, 2007

Saturday Night Entertainment

The bullseye quilts are back in the house! YAY! I picked them up from my friend, Twyla, today...she did a fabulous job on them! And quick too! Well...quick compared to other machine quilting services I've had the pleasure of using.

So this evening....I'm working on the handwork....sewing the binding down.


Perfect timing too! As one of these quilts is for my new sis-in-law-to-be, Mona, and she and my brother are coming up from Dallas next weekend! I'm so excited! And now she can take her quilt with her!!! It worked out perfectly as far as timing goes!

In other evening entertainment.....I gave Emmitt a good brushing...and in true Emmitt Fashion....whenever he has any sort of grooming performed on his body....afterwards he feels the need to jump up on the loveseat and burrow his face all along the cushions and knock every single pillow off on to the floor and then just lay there.


He's just so damn cute I can't stand it! LOL And then here's Sam...who laid on the floor so quietly and calmly while watching Emmitt go nuts on the loveseat.

I'm sure he's trying to figure out what the heck Emmitt's problem is...but then again, he kinda looks like he really could care less huh? He's a little depressed...hubby went dove hunting (Huh? Yeah...I'm TOLD it's a sport, but I just don't get it at ALL).....anyway....that's where "the man" is, and he left poor Sam behind...so he's a little gloomy. He's such a good dog.

Hope your Saturday of this long Labor Day weekend is as far from laborious as you can get!! *Peace!*

1 comment:

Lavender Rose said...

Hi, Kim,
I'm just a fanatic about your bullseye quilt and can't wait to see it finished. Please take a picture of it and post it for me. And, don't give it to the prospective SIL until she's married with that ring on her finger!! Your quilts are precious, and I wouldn't want anyone to have one without proof of family membership!!! :p
Hugs,
Deb