Thursday, August 16, 2007

To Tattoo or Not To Tattoo

that is the question!? LOL Okay---another call out for comments...and of course you can be anonymous if you'd rather not have everyone know....but please let me know if you have a tattoo....and what it is...and if you regret getting it? or if you are contemplating a tattoo...same thing.

Of course we all know I'll probably chicken out on this whole thing.....hubby reminded me..."what about the spiel you gave to the older two kids when they were getting them...about how they were permanently defacing their body, etc etc and how they'll regret it, etc etc"...and my response to him was that *I* am older, thereby somewhat wiser and am past the point where I would regret it because I am older and wiser. HA!

In other news...have been stitching along on Abigail....I'm on the entirely backstitched band....so not fun! I'll post progress pics later this weekend.

Jake starts school on Monday....so this weekend we will be acquiring new skate shoes....new jeans....pencils, etc....fun times ahead! Of course he would beg to differ...on the fun times thing.

Until next time...........

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey Kim! I've been pondering the tattoo thing for about two years. I'm getting one, I'm not getting one, etc. Then I started really thinking about what symbol meant enough to me to permanently put it on my body. What would look good when I'm 101 and in a nursing home? LOL So far I haven't come up with one.

Katrina said...

JMHO, I fall into the "no tatoo group". Our DS has a couple, he got them on his back so that they don't show for work and all. I guess I am a bit old fashioned about it and I don't care for them at all, too permanent.

kim said...

i didnt get my first tattoo until i was in my late 30's...now im in my early 40's and have 3...still wanting one more....each are symbols that i feel have alot of meaning personally and i dont regret any of them!!!my husband is not fond of any of them, neither is my teenage daughter but it doesnt stop me....honestly...if i could...i would have my entire back done in an exotic hindu themed image...but (sigh) in another life!!! kim-NY

Jacque said...

I have a very small sheep on my low back. It can't be seen unless I show it to you....still meets with my amish ways (HA!) and lets me allow for the wild streak in me as well. I say go for it if it's something you really want to do...don't regret the choices you make because you will regret the choices you don't allow yourself to make! : ) Good luck!