Monday, August 13, 2007

Moving along on the path...

though I can't speak completely freely and openly about it right now....just wanted to post that I have taken a couple more steps....in the right direction. ;o)

Funny how things work out isn't it? I don't think I've ever publicly shared the story about a certain nationally famous quilting duo that shall remain nameless, that contacted me a couple years ago and asked me to go in to business with them...which would have entailed a shop of my own, etc etc.....the months were rolling along, plans were being made, contracts were drawn up, retail space was found, etc and I was just on cloud NINE...or TEN...or ELEVEN even! Thinking "Finally! My dream is going to come true!!". And alas...at the eleventh hour, things began to unravel...and in the end, my dream was not to be. I harbored a little resentment at first...it just wasn't fair.......but then things were going south as far as Dad's health, etc. and I have come to realize that some dreams/prayers aren't meant to be for good reason. At this point in my life, I don't WANT to be married to a shop of my own....tied down day in and day out...with no freedom to travel, etc. And so looking back, I can see it all happened the way it did for a reason. Thanks, God, for that lesson!

And now...here I am even more confident in my abilities to be self-sufficient------freelance mode----ready to travel when I want and live life as it comes........And the best part is hubby is completely on board....so that makes it a little easier too!!!

It's going to be scary....but oh won't the rewards be fabulous!!! Deb...yeah...you Deb in Naples....never know when I'll pop in for a visit, once I'm free to travel and such!!! I'll let you know ahead of time so you can get the blender fired up! LOL And Melissa---I promise to stop by the Redneck Riviera on the way too!

Hope everyone's Monday is going swell! *Peace!*

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Kim you have me intrigued! I hope things work out for you and you are always welcome here on the Redneck Riviera!