Sunday, July 15, 2007

In your best sing-song voice...say it with me...

They're DoooooONE! The Bullseye quilts are done! Ready to go off to see the quilter when the call is received! Now..I know that soon-to-be-sis-in-law, Mona (Hi Mona) reads this blog...and I had said that she would have to wait to see her quilt, but, well, where's the harm in letting her see it now...since we all KNOW that quilts look different once they're quilted anyway! Right? Right! And so....first you must admire Miss Ellie Mae...the fat cat of the household, in her most provocative fat-cat pose on the quilt as it was laid out for border measurements. She always does this...loves to get right in the center of whatever top I'm working on. So...everybody, please, let me introduce you to Ellie Mae.

Okay--now that those introductions are done, here is a photo of one of the Bullseye quilts with borders intact. I can't wait to get them quilted!

And this next pic is of the wonderful Floral Trails fabric that I'm using for the backs! And yes....
the backs are also pieced and ready! These
babes are done!

I can't wait to get them quilted, bound and throw them in the washer and dryer to fray out!
That's when their true character comes out!
Trust me, they look totally different once quilted and frayed!

Mona--I hope you love yours! :o) They were great fun to make!

In other creative news this weekend, I have this sweater...that I have LOVED like no other for many many many years...much to the absolute disDAIN of hubby...he always thought it was the most horrendous and loud sweater EVER! He cannot appreciate the artsy-fartsiness of it all! And yes...it's true...it's a short cropped boxy sweater from my stick-thin girl days. I have had this in my closet...since then...knowing it shall ne'er again adorn my now 'yeah-I've-had-three-kids-and-I-lead-a-sedentary-life' body. And I was okay with that. But then I thought, hey! I can make something out of that so I can enjoy the sweater for FOREVER! The artsy-fartsy sweater will live in emphamy! Emphamy, I say!

So, while it's not interior designer perfect, I now have this lovely large pillow from the sweater! It's weird...and it's RED! and has wool felt and BEADS all over it and so I love it! Right now it resides in the sewing room, keeping my bright and equally loud and artsy Kaffe Fasset print pillow company!


Okay---so it's a little odd looking huh ? Like someone wacked the arms off a favorite sweater and stuffed a pillow form in it and sewed it shut. *sigh* Oh well..it is what it is....and I like it anyway. I'm pretty easy to please. ;o)

I don't think I have any other news today....I think I'm going to pick up a stitching needle and work on a sampler this afternoon!

Enjoy the rest of your today! :o)

4 comments:

Mona said...

Ok…IN MY VERY BEST SINGING VOICE………IT IS STUNNING!!!!!! IT IS GORGEOUS!!!! I WOULD HAVE NEVER IMAGINED IT TO BE SO …PERFECT!
I SAT HERE WITH CHILLS AS I LOOKED AT THE PICTURES – OH, AND OF COURSE, ELLIE MAE IS STRIKING AS WELL!!! (CAN’T FORGET ABOUT HER!)
SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL KIM :o) I CAN’T WAIT TO HOLD IT, SNUGGLE WITH IT AND PROUDLY DISPLAY IT HERE… IN OUR HOME!!!!!!!
{{{HUGS}}} MONA

Jeanne said...

The quilt is gorgeous Kim and glad to make the acquaintance of Ellie Mae! What a cute idea you did with your favorite sweater so you can enjoy it. And DH can continue to scratch his head over it. :)

Lavender Rose said...

Kim, you genius of the needle!! You creative maven of the quilt world! You darling of disgarded and beloved fancy sweaters! I adore you!! You're just my cup of tea, and I'm happy to have you as a friend!! Lovely work...work on threadhead!!
:)) PS: send me a copy of your bullseye quilt pattern, too!
Love,
Deb

Joanie said...

Oh geez, I love your sweater pillow...I have a sweater that I am contemplating *pillowing* it. I love your quilts and Miss Ellie Mae.

Too cool!