Friday, June 29, 2007

Missing Dad......

Missing dad tonight.......so I thought I'd introduce you guys to him. My Dad. Being the proverbial "Daddy's Girl", I always..ALWAYS thought my dad was the most handsome man ever. Quite the looker huh? ;o)



He always had a smile on his face...and was so full of piss and vinegar, as some would say. Anyone that knows ME....and appreciates my warped and witty sense of humor should know that I got that entirely from this man.




And even during his trials with this horrible disease we call cancer....he was still so trying to be optimistic....and still with a smile. The picture above was taken several days after he had his esophagus removed. Still the smile............this is my dad with Tania...his wife of 17 years...his soul mate (not my mother). Truly they were soulmates. I just love her to pieces. So this was taken in 2004....when the battle began.



And here's my wonderful, handsome, horribly-missed dad just a week or two before he left us. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do without him here. You would not know from this picture that he was just 62....that this was just 3 years after he was diagnosed. The disease was devastating and he fought the hard fight...for 3 years. Oh how I wish he never had to endure the battle.....but I thank God that he's at peace and not having to fight it anymore. I love you Dad.

1 comment:

Joanie said...

You made me cry...I understand how you feel...my Dad's been in Glory now for almost 2 years. I miss him so much....