Saturday, June 23, 2007

Another Saturday Night...and I Ain't Got Nobody...

okay..that's not true! LOL Were you singing with me? LOL Hubby and Jake are off fishing and camping for the night...and *I* have had the entire house to myself (well, except for the two boys (dogs)) all afternoon and night! YAY! :o)

So WHAT did I do with myself, you ask?
Well....I popped open a cold one
(as seen in the photo) and got busy! I got all the bullseye blocks cut apart, all the while jammin' out to Third Day. That darn WIRE cd is so awesome and completely rockable!

But back to quilting! I did get all the blocks..all NINETY SIX BLOCKS cut apart in to 1/4s. Then I made the mistake of stopping to admire my progress and take a break. UGH! Breaks are NOT good sometimes! And today was one of those times! I got completely sidetracked. Ended up mowing the front yard, doing some laundry, catching up on a TON of blog reading ...

have I ever mentioned I'm completely addicted to several blogs and HAVE to read them daily? It's true. So true! So yeah...and then I got sucked in to CNN with the horrible ending to the pregnant mom in Canton, OH saga.....and finally tore myself away from the TV.

After enjoying a wonderful dinner of spaghetti with a lovely topping of lemon juice, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes, the dishes are done and here I sit again in the living room! With this lap top in my lap. I'm thinking of picking up a needle...but not sure if it will be of the knitting variety...or the sampler stitching variety! I think sampler tonight....it's been a long time!

So in case you were wondering..the blocks still
look like this........................

There's ALWAYS tomorrow.....
(are you singing again?)














1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Sounds like you had a productive weekend Kim. I love it when I have a weekend to myself - stitching, favorite movies and peace and quiet works for me! Your bullseye is coming along great, can't wait to see the blocks. I haven't quilted much lately as I can't tear myself away from my stitching. :)