Thursday, May 03, 2007

Two Weeks to the Day

Today, at 12:40pm, my father passed away. It was a horrible experience, and not one that I would wish on anyone. His wish has always been to die at home. I'm so thankful for the home hospice organization. Mark Mulholland, our favorite hospice nurse, was an absolute angel through this whole ordeal. Today is two weeks to the DAY that the oncologist said he only has about 2 weeks to live. I'm so glad I came to be with him these two weeks, but the last 48 hours have been incomprehensible.

I appreciate everyone's prayers thru all of this. Thanks so much.

6 comments:

Katrina said...

Words cannot express how sorry I am. My heart goes out to you! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lavender Rose said...

Hi, Kim. I'm so glad to hear from you. I know it's been a difficult...bittersweet time. I'm so sorry for your pain and sorrow right now, Kim. And, at the same time, I'm happy you were able to be there at such a special time in your dad's life. Mark sounds like he was the perfect person to help guide you all through the process! Thank God your daddy is at peace now and you have some time to get some quiet time and sleep. I hope when you get a chance, we can chat again. As always, I'm here for you.
Hugs, Deb

Jacque said...

Kim,

I've thought of you so often since you posted of his illness. I know you are so sad, but I know you are glad to have had the last two weeks to make memories! I'm thinking of you and hoping you can get through the next few days with some peace! You were a wonderful daughter to do what you've done!

Marjean said...

Kim,Sorry about your dad. I have been there and I know how much it hurts. Remember the good times and cherish those last days you had with him.

Karoline said...

{{{Kim}}} I'm so sorry to hear this

Jeanne said...

So very sorry for you and your loved ones Kim. When it's happening it is so unreal in some ways. I hope the good memories and the love of your father will help you get through these tough times.