Thursday, April 19, 2007

Going Home...

once again. Tomorrow. Because Dad will be going home to heaven soon it seems. He may have two weeks left the Dr said today. So I'm putting work to the side and heading out to stay with him. It's going to be really hard to watch him die, but I would be very upset with myself for not spending the time with him. He's only 62 and he looks like he's 92. It's very sad...and I'm sure alot of you have had cancer touch a loved one too. The way it ravages a person in such short time is just unbelievable. So unbelievable. Morbid as it may sound, I will have internet and email and will probably continue to post about this the next couple of weeks. Please bear with me thru this, as I feel like it's something I need to do. I want to get down in words all the good memories and I know there will be some bittersweet memories yet to be made in the next week or so.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

I am so sorry, you are both in my thoughts and prayers. I have lost several family members to cancer and I have one with it now, it is a devastating disease. Treasure the time you have left with your dad. I can only imagine what a comfort it will be to him having you with him. ((((hugs))))

Jeanne said...

So sorry to hear things are going so poorly. I will be thinking of you. Lost my father 6 months ago and still grieving. It's very hard. I'm glad you can spend this time with him and your familiy which will be precious to you. Life can be so unfair sometimes.
{{hugs}}

Joanie said...

Thoughts and prayers are going out to you and your Dad. You will never regret spending this time with him, it's a blessing. I am very sorry that you have to go through this time.

{{{{Hugs}}}}

Lavender Rose said...

Hi, Kim, I'm here with you in spirit and in thoughts. You aren't alone because we care. I hope you have very special gifts every day you are with your Dad in the coming weeks and days.
Hugs,
Deb