Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Come ON Already!!! ENOUGH!!!!!



This is absolutely retarded! We are under a Winter Storm Warning! HEL-LO! Is anybody paying attention to the CALENDAR!!! It's APRIL!!!! Almost MID-APRIL!!!! ENOUGH ALREADY!!!! Above are views from our backyard...with Jake's big skateboard half-pipe..obviously not getting the use it should be getting this time of the year...and our front yard with my Santa Fe getting covered in a lovely snowy blanket. Now, this would have been WELCOMED and enJOYED if it were, oh, say CHRISTMAS! When it was BROWN outside! UGH!
In other news, I finished my knitted dishrag! YAY ME! ;o) I'm going to start another tonight...the good ol' standby diagonal knitted style! I know, how boring is it to knit dishrags! But actually I like it because I can get used to using my left hand in something! ha! And I can get a grasp on gauge and tension and all that...AND replenish the dishrag supply in the kitchen! It's great!
Haven't picked up a stitching needle in forever it seems, but I'm sure I'll find my way back! Soon!
Okay---off to search Florida panhandle real estate rentals! :o) I know, buddy ol' pal Melissa, (disclaimer: I don't really KNOW Melissa but feel like she's a great buddy just because I read her blog!) at http://www.gulfskye.blogspot.com/ thinks she's got it bad there on the Redneck Riviera, but I say SIGN ME UP for the hail and take this snow and SHOVEl it!

5 comments:

Katrina said...

I would feel badly for you but our forecast for Friday is calling for upwards of 12 inches of snow :-). Hope it all melts quickly!

Lavender Rose said...

Kim,
I'm totally with you about snow...UGH..sure you don't want to check out a rental in SW FL...???
There are plenty here!! :))
Deb in FL

PS: Knitting dishrags is what happened to me when I lived in New England and it was 30 below zero most days...:p Dishrags can be beautiful!

Lavender Rose said...

Kim, I just read about your Dad. Please email me if you get a chance. We could talk.
Deb in FL

Lavender Rose said...

Sorry...interiorsbydeb2@aol.com

Deb in FL

Joanie said...

Hey, have your read Melissa's blog? You may not want to go to the Panhandle...it's cold there too! Heard there's a Nor'easter blowin' in this weekend and tonight in Upstate NY we are to get 3-6"....It's APRIL, folks!!!