Monday, February 19, 2007

STOP @ the Little Black Border



THAT is what we've decided to name my latest quilt. LOL This is my take on the diamond quilt that alot of my quilting friends have been making lately. I've been collecting the fabrics for this for a few years now, and finally decided it was time! Instead of cutting diamonds, I decided to just do squares and set them on point. First of all, this was easier....Second of all, you see more of the fabric....and Third of all, sometimes it's just nice to do something a little different than everyone else! I auditioned a border but decided to just STOP at the little black border. It was intended to be an inner border, but I think it adds just the right finish to my Floral, Fruit & Fauna quilt!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Nice job Kim! It reminds of the watercolor style of quilts and your black border is just to the touch to "ground" the quilt. Bravo!

Melissa said...

Kim-love your quilt!

Email me at gulfskye at aol dot com and I'll give you the 411 on the Redneck Riviera. Also I live 600 miles from home, my dad had an emergency procedure a few weeks ago, I couldn't get home, the prognosis wasn't good, he did fine though, but I feel your pain. It's hard being so far from those we love.

Katrina said...

Wow gorgeous quilt! The colors are amazing.

Heather said...

This quilt is GORGEOUS! I don't quilt and most of the time don't mind that I don't quilt, but to see this quilt is to want to know how ...