Saturday, January 13, 2007
You KNOW you're in for it when the weatherman is using the word "ARCTIC". Have I ever said how much I completely detest cold?? Seriously....it's like it gets down in my BONES and I just can't STAND the cold! So remind me again why we live here when there are so many OTHER places to live! Oh sure...we toss around moving....moving to Florida....or moving to Georgia.....but that's about all we do. If any of you out there live in Florida or Georgia, please share with me how much you LOVE it, how long you've lived there, etc.
In the meantime....here's a picture of Emmitt, with his little red sweater on. Even HE hates the cold...he shivers uncontrollably if he doesn't have his sweater on! Aaaah...I've found my soul puppy! :o)
Monday, January 01, 2007
- Find a way to make $$$ doing something I thoroughly enjoy! I am getting to that horrid state of HATING when Sunday afternoon rolls around and I start thinking of having to go in to work the next day. This is NOT a good sign! Not at all. It's not that my job is horrible.....it's just that I am a creative and sociable soul and my current gig just isn't doing it for me. It's ...well...can I say it....it's rather boring. *YAAAAAAAAAAAWN* My DREAM would be to have a shop of my own...needlework...i.e. samplers, quilting, yarn, etc. Yet somehow I wonder if I would begin to detest being tied down day in and day out to the shop. That could detract from #4 on the list (see below) So then, I think, hmmmm....perhaps an online store. Yes...an online store. At least as a side income. And once upon a time, I used to teach at quilt workshops, etc. I'm thinking of getting a teaching portfolio up and running and see how that would go. How exciting THAT would be.....traveling, teaching at quilt retreats and workshops.....with online needlework shop orders showing up in my inbox every so often. I think it's doable. Seriously I do. I just need to figure out where to begin and DO IT. If ANYONE has ideas on this, please share!!
- Find a welcoming church home and attend regularly!! This has been difficult....and I VOW, when I DO find my church home, I PROMISE that I will be kind and welcoming to strangers that show up to check out the church. I have been quite disillusioned to the lack of warm and welcoming congregations. I don't know, maybe I'm just expecting too much. Having grown up in a very small farming town, everyone was so welcoming and warm when you showed up to church on Sunday. I just haven't found that warm & fuzzy feeling yet. I'll carry on and keep searching!
- Consistently do some form of exercise. Now let me clear this up right from the start...I'm not talking about getting all hell-bent and freaky on exercising!!! I have too many other things to do! LOL I AM talking about getting some consistent exercise each week, so that I can finally drop these 10 pounds that have been plaguing me and so I'll have time to clear my head and feel better! I find I spend too much time on my ARSE! At work, at home with this laptop, while I stitch, while I quilt, etc. Time to get a move on!
- TRAVEL! Seriously plan my dream trips i.e. Paris, Italy, etc. Again, I'm not saying that I'll do these trips all this year! Heck...maybe not even NEXT year....but I at LEAST want to start planning so I know what it's going to take to get to these places that I fully intend to visit!!! How FUN! Wanna come? :o)
- Get a grip on the clutter and organize the house better! EBAY HERE I COME! LOLOL Time to do some SERIOUS clutter clearing. But I just love to collect....EVERYTHING! LOL This could be difficult....but I think I can pare it down and move some things out!
- Get a really nice long floor frame for hand quilting. I think if I have this set up with a quilt on it...I'll get more hand quilting done! And I do seriously enjoy hand quilting. It's just that when I'm upstairs...and thinking of doing handwork....I'm usually working on a sampler! So I would like to get a really nice frame for quilting.
- TAKE KNITTING LESSONS! I have fiddled around with books here and there and have knitted a few dishcloths here and there, but then I always forget how to do it again! LOL I want to be a knitter in the worst way...so I'm going to sign up for a knitting class and just get it done! I see another addiction coming on! So it's a good thing #8 is on the list....
- Do NOT make any frivilous sampler stash acquisitions.....stitch what I have! I already have a ridiculous amount of fabulous samplers kitted up and waiting to be stitched. I need to NOT purchase more, when I have plenty to stitch already. I will resolve to thoroughly think thru stash purchases before going thru with them. Seriously.....I think I can do this, because I just need to think of the lovely samplers already waiting for me. I do think this is a good resolution that I can stick to. I did pretty well this past year and I can do better this year!
- While we're on the topic of spending....I also resolve to think through things before just blatantly spending. I will admit that I'm awful at impulse shopping. I will be so much less stressed if I just will save a little money each month instead of just spending. I think this may go back to #1...the fact that I really don't like what I'm doing. I then justify purchases by telling myself I'm working at a job I don't really like, making decent money, so therefore I can spend the money on anything I want whenever I want it. Now this is nice...but it's really not practical! Seriously! Get a grip Kim! :o)
So there you have it......I know this is a little out of the ordinary for a post from me, but I really felt the need to get this down and in print so I can go back and refer to these and really work on improving myself in 2007!
I welcome any comments and suggestions and I would love to hear others resolutions and goals for the new year!
Blessings to all!
My tweaked version of American Quaker Band Sampler by Scarlet Letter...stitched on vintage light exemplar by Lakeside Linens using assorted overdyeds with my own "conversion" of the colors. I finished this puppy at 11:59PM MST....so even though I'm in CST, it's still a 2006 finish! ;o)
I also realize I didn't post a picture of my completed Blackbird Designs Be Kind & True, so that's here as well!