Saturday, May 13, 2006

One weekend goal down...


and one more to go! I've finished my K&K Windmill quilt...made using those yummy Kaffe Fassett fabrics!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! And obviously Ellie the Cat does too. Silly girl...she always seems to gravitate to the dead center of whatever quilt I'm working on or have finished. When she's not basking in the glory of being at the center of attention...she's terrorizing the sewing room...waiting patiently until I have all my blocks laid out on the floor...then TEARING through the sewing room sending the blocks flying in every direction! This time, she waited for the finished project.

Now I'm off to try and finish up weekend goal #2...to finish my first Shepherds Bush stitch....Baby Bug Ball. I'm not a soft, sweet, pastel type of gal! Okay...I can be sweet....but not pastel-y! So I've been putting my own spin on this one....substituting some darker silks for the light ones and I'm not going to use the clay buttons and beads. I just loved the quirkiness of this whimsical little piece!

Okay--off I go to thread a needle...stay tuned for pics of the finished Baby Bug Ball!

No comments: